- Access to all airlines gates is through two security checkpoint areas: Terminal 2 and Terminal 4 departure level
- All baggage and vehicles are subject to search at any time
- Do not leave vehicles unattended as they will be towed; unattended bags may be removed and destroyed
- If you notice an unattended item or suspicious activity, report it immediately to airport policel
Checkpoint Hours of Operation
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint hours are subject to change at the TSA's discretion. However, the general hours of operation at both checkpoints are 3:45 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Screening of Carry-on Items
- Liquids and gels must be in containers of 3.4 ounces or less. Place containers in a single, one-quart zip-top plastic bag
- Remove the plastic bag from your carry-on bag and put it in a screening bin
- Place metal objects, such as coins and keys, in your carry-on bag
- Put laptop computers and other electronic devices in a screening bin
- Remove shoes, jackets and belts and put them in screening bins
- Screening of Checked Bags
TSA prohibits explosive materials, flammable items, and other hazardous materials in your checked baggage. For more details, check the TSA website.
Expedited Screening Program
Travelers have two options with programs that are designed to move you through security screening lines faster. You must sign up with the program administrator in advance.
- TSA Pre✓is designed to enhance and expedite security by placing more focus on pre-screening individuals who volunteer information about themselves prior to flying. Eligible participants include certain frequent flyers invited from participating airlines (Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest, and United Airlines ) as well as members of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Trusted Traveler programs (Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS) who are U.S. citizens and fly on a participating airline. Ontario International Airport has designated TSA Pre✓ screening lanes located at the both check points.
- Through the TSA Pre✓ vetting process, information is embedded in a barcode on your boarding pass. This information alerts TSA agents that you are eligible for expedited screening. Benefits include not having to remove your shoes, 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag from carry-on, laptops from bag, light outerwear/jackets and belts.
Be advised The TSA incorporates random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport.
- Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States
- Global Entry members are processed by biometric identification in less than five minutes at kiosks.
- Global Entry is intended for frequent international travelers although there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program